Wednesday 3 October 2012

The Launch of Topshop and Topman in Sydney

The crazy long line to get in
The George Street alleyway that lead to the entrance 





My wristband

The J.W Anderson collection is in stock at the Sydney store


I had the absolute honour of attending the grand opening of London brand Topshop's first store in Sydney. The day the invite arrived was one of the greatest days of my life, no exaggeration! The store occupies the Gowings Building on the corner of Market and George Street in the Sydney CBD. The store is in prime location, it is right near the QVB, across the road from Myer and right down the street from the Pitt Street Westfield, aka the best shopping destination in Sydney city! 

At the opening, I was able to browse through all of the amazing clothes they have in stock and they certainly did not disappoint. The racks were filled with loads of sparkly fabrics and brightly coloured garments, I just wanted to buy everything! The event was jam packed and I spotted a few local celebrities too. I didn't buy anything because the line for the change room line was very long and I didn't want to have to change out of my dress so I have decided to go back another day and get a personal shopper to take me around the shop.

The simplicity of Topshop is one of the things that keeps me coming back to it. The clothes have a timeless feel and an air of elegance. No matter what season or collection, their designs are always very impressive and also wearable. 

Attending this launch was an absolute dream come true! I have been obsessed with fashion since I was a little girl and attending events like these is at the forefront of fashion, which makes me feel so blessed that I even got an invite. I love the fashion industry more than words can say and I definitely want to spend the rest of my life working in this incredible industry. Fashion is such a broad and avant-garde industry that is always changing and evolving as new designers come in and challenge the rules. I love that every season brings new collections and promising new talent. I hope that one day I will be sitting in my office at the Vogue US headquarters (preferably on the West Coast, I love LA) writing a feature about the fresh new talent I witnessed at Paris, Milan and New York Fashion Weeks. If you're gonna dream, you may as well dream big!

It is going to be so great having a Topshop store in Sydney. I can always pop in and grab a few things after school if I have to. Topshop is so versatile and definitely appeals to a huge audience because of the variety of styles in their clothes and accessories.


What I wore









Hanging out on the purple carpet


In the car on the way there


Emma and I before the event

Dress: Princess Polly
Shoes: Steve Madden "Caryssa"
Bag: vintage Glomesh
Geode ring: Colette by Colette Hayman
Pinky ring: family heirloom
Arrow Necklace: Colette by Colette Hayman
Bangles: Colette by Colette Hayman

I literally bought this dress the week before the event because I wasn't completely happy with the previous one hundred outfits I had considered wearing. The Princess Polly dress is my new favourite wardrobe staple. White is very on trend this season and I love the style of the dress. I have been looking for a gorgeous white dress for a while now and I am so happy that I found this one. The lace is nice and the tulle skirt is so soft and feminine. These Steve Madden's are my favourite heels as they are so sparkly and tall. Although I am about 5'8 in flats, I refuse to give up these 13cm stilts because they are just fabulous! They are also quite comfortable which is an added bonus as I was on feet all night. 

I also love the geode ring from Colette by Colette Hayman. It is so funky and different. It's simple and can be worn with almost anything.

All in all, this event was absolutely amazing and I had the time of my life. Welcome to Sydney, Topshop and Topman!

Kisses, 
Phoebe x

3 comments:

  1. You looked great! I love white and gold together! Your so lucky you have topshop there!! I wonder when it will come to India
    xx
    www.junewantsitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous event!

    Now following you on Twitter.. and google reads. xx

    http://absolutelyfaaabulous.com

    ReplyDelete