Sunday 22 April 2012

T is for Tattoos


I personally have nothing against tattoos, in fact, I actually quite like them. I think it's fine to get them if they mean something to you. I know for sure that I will get a tattoo when I turn 18.

Once I have officially graduated from school, I will get my first tattoo. I am going to get a cross on the inside of my right ankle. I'm not an overly religious person, but it is more a symbol for my Grandfather. He passed away when I was 12 after a really severe battle with cancer and I miss him every day. I was only young and looking back, I feel like I barely knew him at all. My tattoo will serve as a memory of him but it will also serve to remind me that life is short and your days are numbered. Everything can change in a heartbeat, so it is important to make the most of every opportunity.

This may make me sound like a hippie or something but my star sign has helped me find balance in my life. I am more of a spiritual person and my zodiac sign means a lot to me. The only trouble is that I don't know where I wold get it. I'm thinking either left wrist or lower back.

A third tattoo I am considering is getting a phrase like 'Carpe Diem' or 'Jamais Seule' tattooed on me somewhere. I'm thinking maybe getting it on my foot or something, but I'm not even sure I will get a third tattoo.

My dad is one of those people who are quite against tattoos, so I think that getting a tattoo may cause a rift between us, but when I tell him the sentiment behind it, I'm sure he won't stay mad at me for long. After all, it is my life and I'm going to live it how I want.


1 comment:

  1. you are a hip hippie =) and once you get it, its there, part of you. i bet your dad gets over it. i'm not one for getting them, but we are all different & express ourselves differently. if one of my sons chooses to get one, i would tell him to consider carefully because they're permanent & will wrinkle with age & will he want a boss to see it...then i'd go with him to make sure it was clean & safe!

    nice to meet ya!

    ReplyDelete