Tuesday 11 December 2012

The Liebster Award : Nominated!


Hi my loves! 

I am beyond excited to share with all of you lovelies that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by the gorgeous Christine at PetiteHues and also Beka at bekanicolee

For those of you who don't know about the it, the Liebster Award is given to new and upcoming bloggers with less than 200 followers for recognition of their work. This is also a way to help promote and support other new bloggers as well. Basically, when nominated for the Liebster Award, you are given a set of 11 questions to answer. Afterwards, you nominate another 11 blogs to answer the 11 questions. You get to introduce yourself and set a platform for other blogs as well! 


So here are the 11 questions I was given by Christine:

1. What/Whom motivated you to begin fashion blogging?
I motivated myself. I had lots of time on my hands and I was beginning to amp up my wardrobe and style and thought that a blog would be a good idea. I am interested in a career in fashion journalism and I thought that a fashion blog would be a really great idea, and so far it has proven to be one of my best decisions yet.

2. Describe your style in three words.
Girly. Unique. Evolving.

3. What do you hope that people will get out of reading your blog?
I hope that by reading my blog, people will see that I am passionate about fashion and that I love experimenting with different looks and trends. 

4. Who/what is your style inspiration?
I get inspiration from literally everything! As I like to say, I am easily inspired, impressed and obsessed. I get my inspiration mostly from magazines like Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, Grazia and Shop Til You Drop. Tumblr is also such an inspiration as it exposes me to a whole range of photos from fashion weeks and street style blogs.

5. What is your favorite staple piece?
I would have to say my black Zara miniskirt. It is the key feature of my winter wardrobe because it is so perfect for every occasion! I literally live in it during winter. The shape, the style... everything about it is timeless.

6. Name one accessory you can't live without. 
For my 16th birthday, my aunty got me a silver initial necklace from Tiffany and Co. and I love it! It is so simple and elegant and it can be worn with practically anything. It is the one in the image above, but on a different chain and it is the letter 'P'.

7. Which celebrity's closet would you love to raid?
Without a doubt, Khloé Kardashian Odom! Her style is so unique and interesting and she is often adding personal touches to her looks, such as interesting accessories that people may not wear normally (like head pieces etc.) and she pulls them off flawlessly! Plus, she owns the most amazing array of clothes, shoes, jewels and bags from so many different designers. She has by far the coolest wardrobe ever. 

8. What is the ultimate goal you wish to achieve out of being a blogger?
I just want to share my style with the world and see the reaction. So far it has been very positive and I hope it continues that way. I would love for my blog to reach the level that my two favourite bloggers, Marianna at Mariannan and Kristina Bazan at Kayture are on. They are so well known and their blogs have given them so many opportunities, such as travelling and guest writing, to designing their own bag (Kristina designed the Kayture bag for Fab Accessories) and clothing lines (Marianna has designed a clothing range for European fashion brand BikBok).

9. Name 3 of your strengths and weaknesses. 
Strengths:
Kind and caring: I'm constantly being told how kind, caring, big-hearted and polite I am. I think that it is good to be kind to people. It is so easy to be rude and mean to people, so I think that being kind and caring is a good quality in a person. Don't get me wrong, I can be a bitch at times but I am kind for majority of the time, especially when it comes to those I love and ca

Spontaneous: I am a ridiculously impulsive person. I tend to have a whole situation planned out, but at the spur of the moment, I'll change it and go with that. For example, I was with my friends once and we were going to go to the movies an have lunch in the city, but in a split second we decided to go to the Aquarium for some reason and it turned out to be really fun. I am the same with my fashion choices. I'll have taken days to plan an outfit for a lunch or something, and at the last second I will change it completely. I will then tend to change back to my original outfit about 50% of the time though. I love being spontaneous; it's who I am and it keeps things interesting.

I'm a dreamer: I have these big, amazing dreams and aspirations for my future. I think it's good to have ridiculously big dreams because it gives you something to aspire to. In my case, it really motivates me if I am working towards an end goal, especially my current dream of going to the university of my dreams, moving overseas to the USA and working for a high-selling fashion magazine.

Weaknesses:
I get distracted easily: It is insane how easily distracted I am! It can take me hours to do a small amount of homework because I just procrastinate so easily. I am constantly being distracted by things around me and it can get to the point where it frustrates those around me because I am always distracted.

I'm an impulse buyer: Whenever I have cash in my wallet, it's like I have to spend it straight away! I have gotten better but I'm still pretty shocking, especially at sale time. I end up buying stuff that I like when I have money, but then when I have no money, I always find better pieces that I like more. It's a vicious cycle.

I'm indecisive: I can never seem to make up my mind! I am fine when it comes to big, important decisions but when it comes to small, unimportant things like choosing what to have for dinner, I always hate having to be the one to choose.

10. What is your favorite beauty product?
I can't narrow it down to one, so I'll say my top 3.

Maybelline's "The Falsies" mascara. It does wonders for my eyes! It is long lasting and waterproof, and once it is dry it doesn't smudge of anything! The best thing is that it really works. My lashes look fuller and longer which is a great thing considering my eyelashes are blonde and I suck at putting on false lashes.

As weird as it sounds, my birth control pills are included in my daily beauty routine. I have been on the Pill for about four months now and it has done absolute wonders for my skin! It has been clearer and my complexion is brighter. It is so miraculous, that heaps of people have actually noticed how good my skin is looking.

The fast-drying clear top coat from American company Out The Door is the best top coat in the world! I am constantly painting my nails and I am always looking for a decent top coat that is quick drying and won't smudge and this one is the best I have ever tried! The finish is smooth and shiny and it is so strong.

11. What is your greatest fear?
Lizards. Don't judge, I am well aware that it is a really weird thing to be afraid of but they freak me out so much! I am fine with the little ones but if they are longer than my fingers they terrify me! Komodo Dragons are the death of me, I literally just cannot stand them! My other more normal fear is that I won't achieve all my dreams and that I'll end up in a job I hate or something.



So here are the 11 questions I was given by Beka:

1. Favourite food?
I can't chose just one! Either salt and vinegar chips, eye fillet steak cooked medium rare, ice cream sundaes and pineapple juice.

2. Favourite item of clothing to shop for?
Dresses. I absolutely love trying on dresses when I'm out shopping.

3. Favourite stores?
At the moment, I am loving Princess Polly, Cotton On, Topshop and Glue.

4. Favourite movie?
My favourite movie of all time is definitely Clueless. I love it so much and I can quote every line from it.

5. What do you like about fashion?
I love everything about fashion. I love the way it can make you feel. I love the way it can transform you. I love the way it can be used to express your personality and convey who you are. Fashion has the ability to entice and excite and 

6. Fashion item you have been dying over to get?
The gorgeous Madame cotton-blend terry sweatshirt by Zoe Karssen! I am planning on buying it after christmas from Net-a-porter because it is fabulous! I am becoming way too obsessed with jumpers, I seem to be buying way too many these days! 

7. One item you cant live without?
Mascara! I actually could not live without mascara! I wear it everyday because I have blonde eyelashes, so they are basically invisible.

8. Ryan Gosling or Channing Tatum?
Well I love The Notebook, so Ryan Gosling.

9. Funniest moment?
Of my life? My life is made up of funny and slightly embarrassing moments, so it's quite hard to remember the best ones.

10. Goal with your blog?
To be quite successful and well known and just to keep receiving positive feedback I have already been receiving so far.

11. Favourite joke?
Knock knock?
Who's there?
Ice cream soda.
Ice cream soda who?
Ice cream soda people can hear me.

It's super lame but it's the only one I can think of now ahaha :P


Here are my nominees for the Liebster Award:

If you choose to accept, here are your 11 questions!

 1. What/Whom motivated you to begin fashion blogging?
2. Describe your style in three words?
3. What do you hope that people will get out of reading your blog?
4. Who/what is your style inspiration?
5. What is your favorite staple piece?
6. Name one accessory you can't live without?
7. Which celebrity's closet would you love to raid?
8. What is the ultimate goal you wish to achieve out of being a blogger?
9. Name 3 of of your strengths and weaknesses?
10. What is your favorite beauty product?
11. What is your greatest fear?

Happy Reading! :)

And thank you again Christine and Beka!

Love,

Phoebe xo

3 comments:

  1. Cool! thank you so much. Your answers are interesting ! What shoud I do now?
    thanks
    Sana at www.myfashiontherapy.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award lovely ! I would like to invite you to my Christmas giveaway of animal print Furla Bag. Thank you so much for your time.


    XX Luba

    :: Well Living Blog :: GIVEAWAY :: FURLA BAG :: SORTEO

    http://very-well-living.blogspot.com/2012/12/christmas-giveaway-furla-bag-sorteo.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats for your award and thanks for nominating me! Your blog is fantastic!

    xoxo
    Maria C

    ReplyDelete