Saturday 20 October 2012

State Dance Competition

Tonight I had my State Dance Competition, where my dance school was competing against some other RSL dance schools from all over the state. It was so much fun and we did very well! We got first in Ballet, Tap and Senior Entertainment (which is kind of like a lip sync musical dance number which we did Chicago) and Highly Commended in Jazz.

I am so happy for everyone in my dance school and am mostly happy with the results, after all we were aiming for all firsts but there's always next year!

I didn't manage to take photos of all my costumes because there's was hardly any time to. The changes in between dances were quite rushed and with all the stocking changes, make up touches, costume changes, pinning, tucking, hair accessories and shoe changes, I barely had enough time to breathe! However, I did get one before Senior Entertainment. This is a photo of me and my best friend Mel before we went on for Chicago.


We have an annual end of year concert in December so I will make sure to take photos of all my costumes then. 

I absolutely love Dance Comp day, or in this year's case- Dance Comp night! I have been competing in these for about 12 years and I never get sick of it! I am always so stressed and I freak out a lot on these days but they are so much fun. I love being on stage and although the stage lights gave me a headache this year, it is one of my favourite things in the world to be up on stage, dancing and just having a blast. Plus, I love getting dolled up in my stage make up and my fun costumes.  

Love,
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment