Wednesday 12 September 2012

Shopping day with Emma in the city


I finished my maths exam at 10:30 this morning, so I spent the rest of the morning shopping at MidCity and the Pitt street Westfield with my sister Emma. I am currently in the process of finding an outfit to wear to the Topshop opening but unfortunately I didn't find anything today. Alas, I bought a new blazer and some lovely jewellery.

But perhaps more exciting was the completely unexpected discovery Emma and I made in the form of the new Ladurée store outside Mulberry on the designer level of Westfield. I have been in love with Ladurée since I first discovered it in Paris a few years ago. I remember it fondly as it was the first place I successfully spoke French to a local and they understood me. After drooling over the gorgeous window displays, I was so excited to grab a box of Caramel à la fleur de Sel (salted caramel) macarons but I was unwilling to wait in the extremely long line that curled around the entire store. Unfortunately, I will have to wait a couple of weeks to satisfy my Ladurée craving! 


In the way of purchases, I bought this bright pink blazer at Cotton On for $49.95 and I love it! I have a fairly monochromatic wardrobe and this blazer definitely brightens up my wardrobe. The fabric is nice and light, so I'll be able to wear it during the summer months as well as during winter. Plus, I can wear it with tonnes of outfits. 


Since summer is on it's way, I wanted to get some nice jewellery that I could wear all summer long. I headed over to Sportsgirl because they always have really amazing pieces at pretty decent prices. I picked up this beautiful anklet that is decorated with a few blue beads and have not taken it off all day. I always tend to associate anklets with summer and the beach, which is where I will be wearing this one for sure. 


The other accessory I bought from Sportsgirl was this really delicate and simple cross bracelet. I have this random obsession with cross jewellery and when I saw this I had to have it. I love how elegant it is and that it is simple enough for everyday wear.


All in all, a successful shopping day! 

Kisses, 

Phoebe x


No comments:

Post a Comment